As Earth Day 2013 draws near, conservation is perhaps more in the forefront of everyone’s mind. However, we in agriculture know that farmers do their best to conserve EVERY day, not just on April 22 every year.
With more and more pressure from consumer society about food safety, clean water, clean air and land preservation, agriculture is under some serious scrutiny from those who may not know just what farmers are doing to keep up with all of those demands.
Let’s all take a few minutes and think about what you would tell critical consumers about agriculture and how farmers are doing their part to leave the planet a better place.
Use your voice and leave a comment below about what you would tell the ag nay-sayers regarding your efforts to be conservation-conscious and Earth friendly. I’d love for you to include your county and state in your comment, too. Hopefully we’ll get enough comments and we can turn them into a gallery you can share via email, social media or other digital formats to show consumers what a great job farmers are doing.
- We plant cover crops to stop erosion.
- We use variable rate to curb over-application of chemicals.
- Our farm really is a FAMILY farm.
- We eat the same food you do, and care about where it comes from just as much.
- Farmers take pride in leaving the land in a better state for future generations.