DES MOINES, Iowa, Oct. 24, 2013 – DuPont Pioneer announces expanded availability of 40 Pioneer®brand T Series soybean varieties for 2014 planting. The broad range of high-yielding varieties available for 2014 planting have been targeted to meet specific grower needs and matched to local environments.
“Growers are asking for soybeans that will maximize yield in conditions and challenges specific to their fields,” says André Trépanier, DuPont Pioneer senior marketing manager – soybeans. “T Series soybeans are an answer to growers’ demands, providing high yield potential matched with an extensive package of agronomic and defensive traits tailored to local geographies.”
“For example, available T Series soybean varieties for Iowa growers provide above average tolerance against sudden death syndrome (SDS) as well as protection against white mold where needed,” explains Trépanier. “In Nebraska, the Dakotas and into Canada, available varieties provide growers protection against iron chlorosis and soybean cyst nematode (SCN).”
Below are notable varieties in the T Series soybean product lineup, which have already passed local research and product testing.
- P19T60R (RR) – A late group I variety that features strong agronomic characteristics while still delivering top-end yield potential. It has the 1c gene for Phytophthora resistance in addition to favorable field tolerance. It also carries SCN protection and respectable tolerance to iron chlorosis and SDS.
- P22T69R (RR) – A group II variety with exceptional yield potential. Peking source SCN resistance, 1k Phytophthora resistance and solid agronomic traits all come together in this star product.
- P24T19R (RR) – This mid-group II variety is a widely adapted product. It features SCN and Phytophthora resistance plus good tolerance to SDS and iron chlorosis.
- P32T80PR* (Plenish/RR) – An early Group III maturity product with the Plenish® high oleic oil trait for contract production. Yield potential is comparable to other Pioneer varieties. Displays SCN resistance, good standability and canopy width traits.
- P35T58R (RR) – This product brings outstanding yield potential along with sound agronomic and defensive traits for growers looking for a mid-group III maturity soybean
- P47T36R (RR) – This mid-late Group IV maturity product features outstanding SCN resistance, standability and the stem canker resistance gene as well as good tolerance to sudden death syndrome.
As final product advancements are made this fall, additional varieties will join the lineup for 2014 planting. This expanded lineup will also include products with the Genuity® Roundup Ready 2 Yield®trait.
Pioneer provides a broad range of soybean variety options with top-end yield potential plus strong agronomic and defensive traits. To help maximize your investment, Pioneer recommends adding Pioneer Premium Seed Treatment (PPST). With the addition of PPST, Pioneer brand soybean varieties are fully loaded, protecting the genetic package and providing an extra level of protection against early-season insects and diseases.
“Pioneer brand T Series soybeans provide growers with the total package, including product testing, yield potential and native trait protection, all backed by an extensive Pioneer sales and agronomy force,” Trépanier says.
To find the Pioneer brand T Series soybean variety best suited for your area, contact your local Pioneer sales professional or visit pioneer.com/soybeans.
DuPont Pioneer is the world’s leading developer and supplier of advanced plant genetics, providing high-quality seeds to farmers in more than 90 countries. Pioneer provides agronomic support and services to help increase farmer productivity and profitability and strives to develop sustainable agricultural systems for people everywhere. Science with Service Delivering Success®.
DuPont (NYSE: DD) has been bringing world-class science and engineering to the global marketplace in the form of innovative products, materials, and services since 1802. The company believes that by collaborating with customers, governments, NGOs, and thought leaders, we can help find solutions to such global challenges as providing enough healthy food for people everywhere, decreasing dependence on fossil fuels, and protecting life and the environment. For additional information about DuPont and its commitment to inclusive innovation, please visit www.dupont.com.