INDIANAPOLIS — Aug. 9, 2012 — Mycogen Seeds is introducing 31 new grain corn hybrids for the 2013 growing season, including 16 new Dow AgroSciences REFUGE ADVANCED powered by SmartStax hybrids.
“Growers planning for next year can count on these new grain corn hybrids to bring a unique combination of competitive performance, advanced technology and overall value to their farming operations,” says Hank King, corn portfolio marketing leader for Mycogen Seeds.
Featured new grain corn hybrids
· 2R158 is an 83-day REFUGE ADVANCED hybrid with strong roots and great stress tolerance. Its semi-flex ears support variable plant densities in high-yield environments. This hybrid performs best at moderate to moderate-high plant populations.
· 2J238, an 86-day REFUGE ADVANCED hybrid, performs best under conventional tillage systems. This hybrid has very good fall health and plant intactness to support delayed harvest. It has solid stalks and roots to support aggressive plant densities.
· 2R288 is a 90-day REFUGE ADVANCED hybrid with strong stalks and roots. This hybrid offers a semi-flex ear type that supports a wide range of plant densities for consistent yield performance. It is a good choice for early planting and provides stress tolerance for lighter soils.
· 2T388 is a 95-day REFUGE ADVANCED® hybrid that performs best at medium to medium-high plant populations. This hybrid is a good option for areas with high Goss’s wilt pressure and soils with high pH. It provides consistent ear development and reliable yield performance.
· 2P487, a 97-day REFUGE ADVANCED hybrid, has fast drydown to allow for early harvest, and is adapted to a wide range of soil types, environments and management practices.
· 2T498, a 100-day REFUGE ADVANCED hybrid, is high-yielding and widely adapted for a wide range of soil types and environments. It is a good choice for early planting, as it has strong emergence and early vigor for all reduced tillage applications.
· 2A557is a 103-day tall REFUGE ADVANCED hybrid that provides very good tolerance to northern corn leaf blight and Goss’s wilt. This hybrid is a stable performer with exceptional drought-stress tolerance across a wide range of soil types and environments.
· 2R549, a 104-day REFUGE ADVANCED hybrid that has consistently girthy ears that fill to the tip. It is a strong choice for all crop rotations or continuous corn in areas with medium-high to high populations. It is a medium/tall hybrid with excellent yield potential.
· 2P659is a 108-day REFUGE ADVANCED® hybrid that delivers consistent yield performance over a wide range of cropping rotations. It offers tolerance to gray leaf spot and is a good choice for eastern and central growing areas. This hybrid is to be planted at medium-high to high plant densities for best results.
· 2V717is a 111-day REFUGE ADVANCED hybrid that performs well on marginal soils and will show a positive response to higher planting populations. It has a flex-ear style that adapts to a wide range of plant densities across the central Corn Belt.
· 2H729 is a 111-day REFUGE ADVANCED hybrid that responds well to high-management practices. It performs best in corn/soybean rotations and provides consistent, girthy ears down the row. This hybrid should be planted at medium-high to high plant densities for best results.
· 2P719is a 112-day REFUGE ADVANCED hybrid and a top choice for delayed harvesting. It produces consistent, girthy ears down the row and has excellent standability. It is a short plant with medium ear placement.
“Mycogen Seeds is committed to continued development of innovative products to help our growers get the most from their farms,” King says. “Our sales and agronomy team is also readily available to help growers place the right hybrids on their acres to maximize yield potential.”
For more information about these new grain corn hybrids or other MYCOGEN brand products, contact your local Mycogen Seeds dealer or sales representative, or visit www.mycogen.com.
About Mycogen Seeds
Mycogen Seeds is a retail seed company of Dow AgroSciences LLC and a developer and marketer of leading corn hybrids, the market leader in SILAGE-SPECIFIC™ corn hybrids and sunflower hybrids, as well as an industry leader in canola, alfalfa, soybeans and sorghum. For more information about MYCOGEN brand products, visit www.MYCOGEN.com.
About Dow AgroSciences
Dow AgroSciences, based in Indianapolis, Indiana, USA, develops leading-edge crop protection and plant biotechnology solutions to meet the challenges of the growing world. Dow AgroSciences is a wholly owned subsidiary of The Dow Chemical Company and had annual global sales of $5.7 billion in 2011. Learn more at www.dowagro.com. Follow Dow AgroSciences on Facebook and YouTube or subscribe to our News Release RSS Feed.