DES MOINES, Iowa ─ DuPont announced today it has acquired Seed Consultants, Inc., Washington C.H., Ohio, and Terral Seed, Lake Providence, La., as part of its Pioneer Hi-Bred PROaccessSM business strategy. Terms were not disclosed.
These two seed companies have been distributing products under the Pioneer-owned trademarks:
- Supreme EX®brand corn hybrids and soybean varieties, distributed by Seed Consultants
- REV®brand corn hybrids and soybean varieties, distributed by Terral Seed
First introduced in December 2008, the PROaccessSM business strategy enables Pioneer to make available its seed genetics to more growers through a network of distributors. Pioneer will continue its PROaccessSM distribution agreements with other independent seed companies as previously announced:
- Beck’s Hybrids, Atlanta, Ind., distributor of XL™ brand corn hybrids and soybean varieties
- Burrus Hybrids, Arenzville, Ill., distributor of Power Plus® brand corn hybrids and soybean varieties
- Doebler’s PA Hybrids Inc., Jersey Shore, Pa., distributor of RPM® brand corn hybrids and soybean varieties
In early December 2010, Pioneer closed the acquisitions of Hoegemeyer Hybrids, Hooper, Neb., distributor of HPT® brand corn hybrids and soybean varieties; NuTech Seed, Ames, Iowa, distributor of G2® brand corn hybrids and soybean varieties; and AgVenture, Inc., Kentland, Ind., which distributes VPMaxx® brand corn hybrids and soybean varieties through its 39 independently owned and managed Regional Seed Companies. Pioneer also sells a complete lineup of corn and soybean seed under Curry® brand seed.