DES MOINES, Iowa - Pioneer Hi-Bred, a DuPont business, has added 33 new soybean products to its lineup for 2012 to provide growers improved traits and yield-boosting qualities.
"Pioneer soybean breeders focus on delivering strong agronomic traits paired with top-end yield potential," says Don Schafer, Pioneer senior marketing manager for soybeans. "Pioneer continues to deliver products that meet growers' needs on a field-by-field basis, targeting the right product for the right acre."
New Pioneer® brand soybean products range from Group 00 through mid-Group V. New varieties with resistance to soybean cyst nematode (SCN) and brown stem rot lead the soybean product lineup for 2012. Also in the lineup are a non-glyphosate resistance variety and four PlenishTM high oleic soybean varieties.
Key products in this year's lineup include the following:
· 900Y61 (RR) is a new leader well-suited for the northern Red River Valley of Minnesota and North Dakota, and into Manitoba, Canada. It provides Phytophthora resistance with the Rps1c gene, along with outstanding iron deficiency chlorosis and moderate white mold protection. Additionally, it has outstanding harvest standability.
· 92Y75 (RR) is a high-performance product for Minnesota, North Dakota and South Dakota, with resistance to SCN and Phytophthora. This product also provides good tolerance to sudden death syndrome and brown stem rot.
· 93Y15 (RR), an early Group III product, has resistance to SCN, Phytophthora root rot and frogeye leaf spot. Additionally, this product displays solid tolerance to brown stem rot.
· 94Y50 (RR) is a mid-Group IV maturity leader with exceptional field emergence and harvest standability across a wide range of soils including drought-prone. It features SCN resistance and favorable Phytophthora field tolerance.
· 95Y10 (RR), a new leader in early Group V, displays very good sudden death syndrome tolerance plus excellent field emergence and harvest standability. It also provides SCN resistance.
Through targeted contract opportunities, Pioneer offers growers in Indiana, Ohio and Michigan four new PlenishTMhigh oleic soybean varieties: 92Y54 (RR), 92Y61 (RR), 93Y23 (RR) and 93Y30 (RR). These Y Series soybeans feature strong agronomic traits and high yield potential for growers. "At Pioneer, we consistently deliver soybean products with traits growers want and need," Schafer says.
For more information about these varieties and others suited for your area, contact your local Pioneer sales professional or visit www.pioneer.com/soybeans .